Over Superbowl weekend I charred some poblano peppers and made a creamy sauce and cooked it with some seared chicken thighs and legs. OMG!! Amazing. I swear my tummy clapped. The sauce is a combination of spicy, creamy, and dreamy. I foresee this sauce being used for shrimp and many kinds of meats. It kind of tastes like queso sauce but without cheese.
- 6 pieces of thigh / legs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt or light salt
- 2 cans of table cream
- 2 poblano peppers
- large zip lock bag
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoon salted butter
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 the butter and sautee onions and set onions aside.
- Over an over flame, char the poblano peppers until they’ve blackened all around. Immediately move them to a ziplock bag, seal, and let sweat for 5 minutes. Remove peppers and using the knife, peel off skin and remove seeds. Slides the peppers in thin 1/4 inch strips.
- Heat remaining butter on medium high heat and sear chicken with skin side down until brown. Flip the chicken over to cook the other side. Add the garlic, peppers, sauteed onions, salt, cumin, fresh cracked pepper, and table cream and simmer for 1 hour with lid.
- Serve with a side of steamed vegetables to keep it keto-friendly! Enjoy!