If you’ve got an immersion blender, how lucky are you! Gazpacho, bisque, and tomato soup galore. If you don’t, it’s worth getting one TODAY! You can blend straight into the pot and it saves you from washing more pots and kitchen equipment. I’d pick my immersion blender over my food processor any day if I can. Don’t miss out on this delish Thai Shrimp Bisque recipe.
Recipe yields 2 portions
- 1 heaping cup peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (canned)
- 3 cups seafood broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 cup cubed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Chopped cilantro for garnish.
- Heat oil in a medium pot and saute onions and red curry paste together. Add in coconut milk, broth, sweet potatoes and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Add in shrimp and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!