Why I didn’t think about adding chili to our Meatless Monday routine before.. Well, I’m not sure! It’s a great way to add flavor to your favorite veggies and it makes for such a delicious, comforting bowl of chili. Check this recipe out!
Yields 4-6 servings
- 4 cups of chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1 can of diced roasted tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 heaping tablespoons tomato paste
- 16 oz can of your favorite beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- cheese and sour cream (optional)
With a large stew pot, add a couple tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat and cook onions and garlic until softened. Add in remaining vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Add in salt and remaining spices. Stir well then add in beans and stock. Bring to a low simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes until some of the liquid reduces and the chili begins to thicken.
Divide chili into bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and cheese. Happy Eating!