Paleo bread 2 is an adaptation of Paleo bread 1 but does not contain coconut. The flavor of almonds comes through the most in this recipe and is a much more dense but very low carb bread.
- 1.5 cups of very warm water (almost too hot to touch)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 5 cups almond flour
- 1 cups psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl combine yeast and water and stir. Allow to rest and foam for 5 minutes.
- Add in coconut oil and eggs. Stir in remaining dry ingredients and mix well with hands.
- Cover with damp towel and allow to rise for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean from the center.