Darling man and I like to buy nicely marbled cuts of meat in bulk. This pushes me to get creative with preparation and come up with different recipes. This week I made slow cooked Al Pastor short ribs layered with fresh pineapple, cumin, chipotle peppers, onions and garlic. I let them slow cook for 6 hours and by the time they were ready, we were in short rib nirvana!
Recipe serves 6
- 3 pounds boneless short ribs
- 2 cups of freshly sliced pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotle paste
- 1 teaspoon guajillo chile powder
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick pan heated on high, sear the pork and brown on all sides then add to crock pot. Add in spices and vinegar.
- Brown onions and add to crock pot. Add in remaining ingredients.
- Set on high for 1 hour then set to lowest setting and cook for 5 hours.