I looooooooooove steak fingers! Brings me back to childhood. We were able to make these delicious steak fingers gluten-free by substituting with Bob’s Mill All-Purpose gluten-free flour and adding the same flour to make the gravy. So tasty!
Yields 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds of round steak, tenderized and cut into 1 inch strips
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and 1/2 cup of milk together.
- Dip strips of steak in the flour mixture and coat then dip in the egg mixture and dip one last time in the flour. Dust off excess and set aside.
- Heat oil on medium high heat and cook strips until browned on both sides. Remove a plate lined with paper towels.
- Pour the pan grease off pan but reserve about 2 tablespoons. Return pan to medium heat and add in butter then 1 tablespoon flour. Stir in remaining milk and add fresh cracked pepper. Whisk until there are no more clumps. Plate steak fingers and serve with gravy. I also like these with mashed potatoes! ❤