I’ve been wanting to make homemade ice cream but I didn’t want to add another bulky appliance to my very small kitchen. I read a few recipes online for some basic no-churn recipes but I really wanted to experiment with unusual flavors that I think could go well (see my crazy list below). I wish I’d known about this method earlier. It’s super easy to make. The only difficult part is waiting until you can eat it!
Chai Banana is the first no-churn ice cream that Daniel and I made. We steeped chai tea bags in hot milk and folded in whipped cream and pureed bananas. Then we froze the mixture for 6 hours before eating. The taste was awesome! You can definitely taste the spices in the tea and the condensed milk added the perfect amount of sweetness. I’d totally make this again.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 chai tea bags
- 2 recipe bananas
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Bring 1/2 cup of milk to a simmering boil and steep chai tea bags for 5 minutes and cool. Puree bananas in food processor and mix in 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk.
- Whisk heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold in chai tea mixture and pureed bananas so that no streaks remain and the mixture looks uniform throughout.
- Move to a large tupperware container, cover, and freeze for 6 hours before consuming.