Sometimes I just want to eat something GOOD and FAST without being tempted to stop at the drive-thru. Enter grilled cheese sandwich with creamy tomato basil soup. You only need a few simple ingredients to make this quick satisfying meal.
For 2 servings
Ingredients for tomato basil soup:
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped sweet basil
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and add flour to form a thick paste. Add in broth and heavy cream and simmer on medium.
- Add in tomato paste, garlic, and salt and mix well until ingredients are blended.
- Add in basil and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Ingredients for grilled cheese:
- 4 slices of gluten-free bread
- 4 slices of Swiss
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 slices of steak tomato
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter on medium heat and brown 4 slices of bread. Flip and brown other side.
- Divide cheese between 2 slices of bread, top with tomato and and remainings bread. Remove from pan when cheese is gooey. Slice each sandwich in half and serve with creamy tomato basil soup.