I freaking love meatloaf. They make the best leftovers and you can make lots of it to freeze or use in sandwiches. In this recipe I am using beef but you can do a combination of beef and pork or even use ground turkey. This is a very simple meatloaf recipe that never fails. I like to serve it with a side of vegetables like mashed taters or peas. To serve 4.
Ingredients for meatloaf
- 1 pound of ground beef (90/10)
- 3 eggs (roughly whisked)
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed puffed brown rice cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary (if you use dried, cut amount to half)
- 1 cup of finely diced onion
- olive oil
Ingredients for sauce:
- 3/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of A1 sauce
Mix sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a saute pan with a little olive oil on medium heat, cook onion until soft and translucent.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, eggs, oregano, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary. Lastly, add cooked onions.
- Mix all ingredients evenly but be careful not to overmix or you will have tough meatloaf.
- Add meat mixture onto a nonstick baking sheet. Form a shape that is 2 inches in height and about 4 inches wide.
- Bake for 15 minutes and lower temperature to 325 degrees and continue to cook for 20 minutes. Remove meatloaf and add sauce to the top with meatloaf, spreading it evenly. Put back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.