Daniel called these turkey lettuce tacos Turkos. 🙂 This is the man I’m dating and I love his brain!
The only real cooking you have to do when making these is browning the ground turkey. Season it with your favorite taco seasoning and top it over some lettuce. We used Slap-Yo-Mama Cajun seasoning. Then, we quartered an iceberg lettuce in wedges and spooned the ground turkey on top and added some pickled radish and onions. Super easy and delicious. Can be made in 30 minutes or less. Recipe serves 2-3
Pickled Onion & Radish:
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red radishes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and water in a bowl and dissolve. Add onions and radish and pickle them while you prepare the tacos. Discard vinegar and drain when ready.
- 1 pound of ground turkey. I like the 85/15 blend. Fat makes juicy tacos.
- 1/2 cup of chopped bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Slap-Yo-Mama Cajun seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Brown turkey in non-stick pan until no longer pink. Add bell peppers, seasonings and garlic.
- Quarter the iceberg lettuce and remove the core. Separate each wedge to be 2–3 leaves each.
- Spoon seasoned turkey over lettuce and top with onions and radish and cilantro. You can also add lime, sour cream, cheese and salsa. So many ways to eat this!