Wow! If I’d known that cream cheese and chicken go so well together, I would’ve made this delicious meal over and over every time I didn’t know what to do with chicken boobs. Add a punch of flavor to your chicken breast by whipping cream cheese with chopped rosemary, salt, and pepper. Then flatten out each breast and smear some of the rosemary cream mixture and roll. Dip in egg whites and roll in gluten-free flour and pan sear in bacon fat and finish off in oven. Hallelujah!
Cheesy Rosemary Chicken breasts for 4
- 4 small chicken breasts, pounded flat in zip lock bag until they’re 1/4 inch thick
- 4 short skewers soaked in water for 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
- 8 oz cream cheese (not the low fat stuff)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of bacon fat
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon of Slap-Yo-Mama-Cajun seasoning
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large zip lock bag, add chicken breasts one at a time and pound until 1/4 inch thick.
- Season breasts with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix cream cheese, salt and pepper, and chopped rosemary.
- Divide cheese mixture between each breast and roll the breast tightly.
- Now, skewer the loose ends of each breast as if to sew the flat shut.
- Add flour and cajun mixture to a plate. Dip in egg white and roll in flour until evenly coated; dust off excess flour.
- In a skillet heat up the bacon fat, and sear each breast until brown on each side.
- Move to breasts to a nonstick baking sheet, and pop in oven and bake for 10-13 minutes. Allow 5 minutes for breasts to redistribute juices.
- Remove skewers and serve. YOU WILL LOVE THESE! ENJOY!