Cinnamon dolce, next to caramel syrup is my favorite coffee sweetener. You can get your own bottle of coffee syrup from the market for $9-15 OR you can make your own in minutes. All you need is regular granulated sugar, cinnamon, water, and an empty syrup dispenser bottle.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- empty syrup dispenser or a large mason jar with lid
- We’ll begin by making a simple syrup. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir until sugar granules dissolve.
- Add cinnamon. Allow to steep for 5 minutes. Take off heat and wait for 3 minutes.
- At this point the cinnamon will float to the top. Skim the cinnamon with a ladle and discard and allow syrup to cool completely before using. The syrup should be clear of any traces of cinnamon before using.
- Don’t forget to allow syrup to read room temperature before storing them away in the empty bottle or jar.