With 1 cup of red wine left from the night before and a jar of my home made spiced peaches, I started thinking about flavors that would meld really well together. I decided that pieces of roasted chicken marinated with balsamic vinegar, fresh thyme, brown sugar, and garlic would would be good if topped with glazed peaches. I served these with lemon mashed potatoes and balsamic reduction. It feels awesome to make multiple uses out of a good bottle of red wine that you can’t finish drinking.
Recipe serves 4
- 8 pieces of chicken thighs, drumsticks, or mix
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- zip lock bag
Add all the ingredients in a zip-lock bag and let marinate together for at least 1 hour.
Red Wine reduction
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
In a stainless steel skillet on high heat, add the wine and garlic and reduce to half the amount. Add in balsamic vinegar. Allow the sauce to reduce and thicken for about 2 more minutes.
Glazed Spiced peaches
- 1 1/2 cup of spiced peaches
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a baking dish, line the chicken pieces with skin side up. Bake for 15 minutes and lower heat to 350 degrees and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Mix the spiced peaches with brown sugar. Add the peach and brown sugar mixture to the top of each chicken piece and broil for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle red wine reduction over chicken and serve.