Chocolate dipped strawberries are a quick way to impress someone special. They compliment any holiday because you can color the white chocolate with pastels for Easter, orange and black for Halloween, red and green for Christmas. You can also just make them because they’re delicious and who doesn’t like fruit with chocolate? I made these for the bf for Valentine’s day, using coconut because he’s crazy about coconut and I thought pecan pieces would give it an interesting texture. I also decided to dip giant marshmallows in the chocolate and they were so good.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
- finely chopped pecan pieces (optional)
- unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- parchment/wax paper
- Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth.
- Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Coat with pecan or coconut pieces.
- Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets completely, about 1 hour.