Cranberries, orange, and ginger are simmered together in maple syrup until reduced to create a sweet and savory preserve for poultry dishes. Cranberry sauce will never be boring again. This recipe is incredibly simple.
- 1 8 oz. packet of fresh organic cranberries
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 clementines or 1 large orange cut into tiny pieces
- 1/2 tart apple, diced
- 1/2 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
- pinch of salt
- In a medium sauce pan, add fresh cranberries on medium heat and add maple syrup. Allow the heat to break down the cranberries, stir occasionally so syrup does not burn.
- After cranberries have cooked down, add apples, ginger, citrus, lemon juice and zest, and salt. Stir until all the fruits have softened.
- Using a potato masher, mash the fruit until well combined. The final result should be mushy with some chunks. Cool completely before serving.