Ready in 5 minutes.
- a coffee grinder with different options for coarseness.
- an Italian espresso maker
- a packet of whole espresso beans (I’m using Starbucks’ espresso)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- a 16 ounce mason jar
- Grind coffee beans on the ‘fine’ option. The finer the grind, the more flavor is extracted into your espresso. If you like, you can ground up the whole bag to save time and store the grinds in an airtight container to use for the rest of the week.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of water into the base of the espresso maker. Put the filter over the base and add 2 tablespoons of ground espresso. Then twist the top of the maker onto the base, make sure it is tight.
- Put the espresso maker over a stove until the espresso starts to steam at the top, which indicates that it is ready.
- In your mason, jar, add the 1 cup of milk, sugar, and chocolate syrup.
- Pour the espresso into the mason jar and mix well.
- Add ice and enjoy.