Have you ever met anyone who didn’t love the potato? I haven’t and I think the reason it’s America’s favorite “vegetable” is because it’s as versatile as chicken. You can steam, roast, bake, boil, and nuke ’em. One of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes is to toss them in kosher salt, olive oil, and rub them all over with fresh herbs and garlic and roast them until they’re golden. These go great with poultry or a red protein.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 1 pound of new potatoes (cut in half or quarters)
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary without stem
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt (season generously since the potatoes will need to absorb the salt for flavor)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add quartered potatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, rosemary and mix until evenly coated. Make sure to go generous on the olive oil and salt.
- Spread the potatoes on a roasting pan, do not let the potatoes overlap so they can cook evenly.
- Roast for 30 minutes.