If you’re throwing a cocktail party or in need of a quick and simple hor d’oeuvre, Shrimp & Crab bruschetta could be your go-to starter. This recipe was inspired by my friend Huong’s famous Shrimp Toast. It’s so INCREDIBLY simple to make and you can double the recipe for large parties.
This recipes yields 8-10 servings
- 1 pound of imitation crab finely chopped
- 1 pound of cooked shrimp finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 loaf of French baguette
- 1/2 cup of Romano cheese
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Slice baguette into 1/3″ slices and lay on a pan to toast about 3 minutes on each side.
- In a bowl, mix shrimp, imitation crab, garlic, onion, parsley, Romano cheese and mayonnaise. Mix well. Top each slice of baguette with a heaping spoonful of the mixture.
- Turn oven up to 375 degrees and broil for 5 minutes or until lightly brown. ENJOY!