I am sorry to announce that we are slowing moving out of apple season but since I somehow miraculously found the recipe to my FAVORITIST (yup, I made it up) Apple Pie recipe today, I just had to share.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 7 cups thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and spices and set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and add sugar mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with half the pastry. Place filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut an small X in the middle. Beat egg white until foamy and brush over pastry for that glossy finish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Increase temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes more until golden.