I miss sampling the flavored honeys and haggling with people for a good deal. Maybe, I just miss haggling. I can’t help it.
I know I’m early for peach season but I thought I’d share this recipe for Peach Cream pie in case you were lucky enough to have peaches stocked up and wanted a way to use them up quickly. This recipe was discovered last year and approved by my friend Michiko (expert of all things fruity and creamy). By “peach cream” i don’t mean literally made with cream but rather, letting the natural juices of the fruit and the flour bake together to form a cream. You’ll see.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh peaches -pitted, skinned, and sliced
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with crust. Place peaches in the unbaked pie shell.
- Cream together the sugar and butter. Add egg, flour, vanilla and mix well. Spread this mixture over the top of the peaches.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Let juices settle by cooling completely before serving.