These fragrant cookies are infused with cardamom and cinnamon and will make your house smell like a bouquet of spices. I think if you’re a big fan of Russian tea cookies, you will adore these. The consistency is similar to a shortbread, a little crumbly but the flavor is more spicy and savory from the cardamom than it is sweet. You can get cardamom from the Whole Foods market or World Market.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
LET’S DO THIS!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and 1/3 of the powdered sugar, both extracts, spices, and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually beat in flour.
- Using hands, roll into teaspoons size balls. Place on baking sheet and space out 2 inches apart. Bake for 18 minutes and cool on sheet for 5 minutes. After cookies have cooled, roll cookies in remaining powdered sugar and ENJOY!