And the BEST COOKIE I BAKED THIS YEAR Award goes to…….. *drum roll*
The Banana Oatmeal Cookies! Yeah!
I doubt that you have ever had anything like these. Those who don’t like oatmeal cookies will have a change of heart because the banana and cinnamon marries perfectly with the oatmeal. The best part? It’s Vegan friendly and still quite delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 bananas
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl stir flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Cut in the shortening until the mixture appear mealy. Stir in egg, banana, and oatmeal until well blended. Spoon dough onto baking sheet and space 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool. ENJOY!